Friday, August 21, 2026

《那場與「コ」字形拐角的命運撞擊》


 

一、蘇醒與斷片

1975年8月13日,一睜眼就見室友小G就在跟前,她關切地問我:「芬,儂醒來啦?搿搭是啥地方曉得伐?」我環顧四周,幾張床幾個床頭櫃和墙壁都是洁白的,「是醫院。」「曉得侬是哪能進來搿伐?」「勿曉得。」「侬應該勒勒做啥?」(你應該在做什麼?)她問。「應該在回上海的路上,我怎麼到這兒來了?」

二、小G補充了我記憶的空白

記憶停留在晌午時分。漁業隊宿舍前的大堤上,小P正坐在那輛手扶拖拉機上,焦急地等待放假回家的我們。他也是一片好心,想給我們捎上一段路,送我們去場部長途汽車終點站。走路的話要走三刻鐘呢,拖拉機早已發動了,突、突、突、突、地跟它主人一樣心急。

車斗兩邊的側板上坐滿了人就等我了,我算帳耽誤了一點時間。提了行李匆忙跑上大堤,爬上車鬥挤在了最後邊。小P就啪、啪、啪、啪加速上了路。到汽車站的路倒是不難走,就是個「コ」字形狀的三段路,中間那段路要長許多,路面是細小的碎石。小P的拖拉機在那條路上「風馳電掣」,我們一波人談笑風生,後來的事兒就不知道了。

小G跟我說了事情的經過。原來拖拉機在第二個90度的大轉彎處並沒有減速。離心力將我甩了出去,後腦勺兒著地,摔在了拐角處的水泥橋邊,當時就不省人事兒了。人們大呼小叫讓小P停車,有人喊我的名字,有人用力掐我的人中,我全無反應。

大家七手八腳地將我送進了醫院。好在場部醫院就在附近,其他人乘車回了上海,小G留了下來陪我。

我摸了摸人中果然有點腫皮兒也破了,沒見其他傷口,也忘記問具體受傷的头部位置以及摔在地上的具体位置。

三、自我檢索與慶幸

中午11點多出的事兒,大約下午1點才醒過來。吐了一回。醫生說是腦震盪的反應,說我得了輕微腦震盪。聽到這個結論,內心感到十分恐懼。

躺在病床上將過去唱過的歌,樣板兒戲,讀過的唐詩宋詞,三十六計,白話文小說裡的警句,還有乘法口訣,化學元素週期表,甚至毛主席的老三篇都默默地輪番兒背了一遍。外加警世通言裡的「有朝一日花容退,雙手招郎郎不來。」的歪詩都在腦海裡翻出來了。有點可憐我自己還沒「做過人呢」咱不能就此廢了呀~

結果,含著淚暗自慶幸,我還記得還記得!我沒變傻!13日住院16日出院,在上海休假養病28日歸隊。

**********************************

A Collision of Fate at the "U-Turn" Bend

Part I: Awakening and the Fragmented Memory

On August 13, 1975, the very instant I cracked my eyes open, I saw my roommate, Xiao G, standing right beside me. Looking at me with deep concern, she asked, "Fen, you’re awake? Do you know what kind of place this is?" I looked all around us. The sparse arrangement of beds, the few nightstands, and the walls were all a sterile, pristine white. "It's a hospital." "Do you know how you ended up in here?" "No, I don't." "What are you supposed to be doing right now?" she prodded. "I’m supposed to be on the road back to Shanghai... How on earth did I end up here?"

Part II: Xiao G Fills the Blank Canvas of My Memory

My memory had cut out completely around midday. On the levee right in front of the fishery team's dormitory, Xiao P had been sitting aboard his hand-tractor, waiting anxiously for those of us heading home for the holidays. He was coming from a place of pure kindness, wanting to hitch us a short ride to the long-distance bus terminal at the farm center. Walking there on foot would have taken a solid forty-five minutes. The tractor was already fired up, its engine letting out an impatient thut-thut-thut-thut that perfectly mirrored its owner’s eager spirit.

The sideboards of the cargo bed were already packed tight with people, and everyone was simply waiting on me; I had been delayed a bit by some final accounting work. Clutching my luggage, I dashed up the embankment, scrambled into the cargo bed, and squeezed into the absolute furthest spot at the back. Xiao P immediately revved the engine, accelerating onto the road with a series of sharp, explosive pop-pop-pop-pops. The road to the bus station wasn't inherently difficult to navigate; it was shaped like a "コ" (a rigid, three-sided block layout), with the middle stretch being considerably longer and paved with fine, crushed gravel. Xiao P’s tractor went "streaking like the wind" down that stretch, and our whole group was laughing and chatting merrily. Everything that happened after that was a total blank.

Xiao G filled me in on the rest of the incident. It turned out that when the tractor hit the second sharp, 90-degree turn, Xiao P didn't slow down in the slightest. The sheer centrifugal force hurled me clean out of the vehicle. My head struck the ground back-first, crashing hard right against the edge of a concrete bridge at the corner, knocking me completely unconscious on the spot. Everyone began shouting and screaming for Xiao P to stop the tractor. Some cried out my name, while others firmly pinched my philtrum—the groove right above my upper lip—trying to shock me awake, but I gave absolutely no reaction.

In a frantic scramble of hands and feet, everyone carried me off to the hospital. Fortunately, the farm hospital was located close by. The rest of the group eventually boarded their buses back to Shanghai, but Xiao G stayed behind to keep me company.

I reached up and touched the groove above my lip; sure enough, it was swollen, and the skin was broken. I couldn't see or feel any other wounds, and in my dazed state, I completely forgot to ask about the exact location of my head injury or the precise spot on the ground where I had fallen.

Part III: A Mental Inventory and a Wave of Relief

The accident had happened a little after 11:00 AM, and it wasn't until roughly 1:00 PM that I finally came to. I threw up once. The doctor explained that this was a standard reaction to a concussion, concluding that I had suffered a mild brain injury. Hearing that diagnosis, a cold wave of absolute terror washed through my core.

Lying there on the hospital bed, I began frantically digging through my mind. One after the other, I silently rehearsed every song I had ever sung, scenes from revolutionary model operas, Tang and Song dynasty poems I had memorized, the Thirty-Six Stratagems, famous idioms from vernacular novels, and even my multiplication tables. I went through the periodic table of chemical elements, and even ran through Chairman Mao’s "Three Constantly Read Articles." I even managed to excavate a cynical bit of old verse from Stories to Awaken the World: "Should there come a day when your beautiful face fades away, even if you stretch out both hands to welcome a suitor, no suitor will come." Lying there, I felt a deep, overwhelming pity for myself. I haven’t even gotten to live life as a proper adult yet, I thought, I absolutely cannot let myself become broken right here!

In the end, with tears welling in my eyes, I quietly rejoiced. I remembered! I still remembered everything! I hadn't turned foolish! I was hospitalized on the 13th, discharged on the 16th, spent the rest of my leave resting and recovering in Shanghai, and finally reported back to my unit on August 28th.

特別感謝 Gemini AI 提供充滿活力的翻譯和文本潤色。

Special thanks to Gemini AI for providing the spirited translation and text refinement.

第三百四十六篇


No comments:

Post a Comment